JOB PURPOSE: To sell the facilities of the Runnymede Hotel in a professional manner, to act as an ambassador of the hotel, ensure the efficient co-ordination of customer events through excellent skills and be a participative member of the team.
1. To ensure correct and effective selling of conference and banqueting space within the guidelines set out by the Meetings and Events Sales Manager and ensure continuity of contact between clients and the hotel from enquiry stage to the event itself.
2. To co-ordinate and distribute the weekly function sheet, ensuring that all function details are circulated to all Heads of Departments correctly and clearly with regard to client requirements.
3. To provide a major administrative role within the Meetings and Events Sales team with particular emphasis on the typing of function sheets from notes by sales personnel and to adhere to all administrative procedures within the office incorporation refusals, cancellations and accounting details.
4. To carry out pro-active sales activity within the Meetings and Events Sales Office including follow-up calls for brochure enquiries, telephone research and customer feedback.
5. To work on special projects as required, i.e. mailshots, Christmas bookings etc. and to assist in the daily secretarial duties in the absence of the Meetings and Events Sales Administrator.
6. To know and understand the budget categories and figures set for the year and to be familiar with all competitor rates, facilities and pricing structures.
7. To work closely with the Reservations team to assist in the inputting of group rooming lists
8. To work closely with The M&E Ops team to provide cover in the Business Centre and ensure the Meet & Greet standards for clients is adhered to.
9. As part of the team assist in the inputting of restaurant reservations into Reservit.
10. To adhere to company policy and procedures at all times. To abide by confidentiality of all information within the Meetings and Events Sales office/hotel and to always act as an ambassador for the hotel both on and off duty.
11. To be an active participant of the Meetings and Events Sales Team and to be honest and constructive in meetings/fam trips/client visits and exhibitions.
Previous sales experience in a similar quality environment
To be personable and exhibit good customer relations
Verbal/written communication to a good educational level
Basic keyboard skills – qualifications
Good organisation and administration skills
Good PC skills including Microsoft applications
Previous hotel or administrative experience
Ability to cope under pressure from internal/external customers
Confident and self-motivated.
Food & Beverage
JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT RESTAURANT MANAGER
REPORTING TO: RESTAURANT MANAGER
JOB PURPOSE: To ensure the smooth and efficient running of the shift and support the restaurant manager with training and development of the team to retain standards and maximise the full potential of the business.
1. Assist in the training & development of new and existing staff to retain the standard of restaurant.
2. To work as part of a team assisting colleagues as required to ensure the operation runs efficiently.
3. To liaise with the other F&B outlets to ensure staff are utilised & you are aware of the day’s business.
1. To lead by example & provide excellent standards of guest orientation to exceed guest expectation.
2. To welcome all guests & communicate the restaurant offer in a friendly & efficient manner, ensuring that all guest needs are attended to.
1. To ensure all operational procedures are followed.
2. To understand Remanco & maintain accurate audit & cash procedures.
3. To be an ambassador of the hotel both on and off duty.
4. To be aware of the departmental objectives and working to achieve these standards.
5. Create rotas in conjunction with the level of business & keeping within the labour budget and to adjust accordingly as business needs change.
6. To help maintain the restaurant diary & take accurate bookings in order to maximise bookings & potential revenue.
7. To carry out any other duties as specified by your manager in conjunction with the running of the business.
8. To report any maintenance issues.
9. To carry out Food and Beverage Duty Management shifts.
10. To carry out all reasonable duties as requested by the Restaurant Manager / F&B Operations Manager / Operations Director.
11. To control liquor stock and achieve acceptable stock-take results and GP.
12. To integrate with the other F & B outlets and other areas of the hotel to promote a unified team approach.
Previous restaurant supervisory experience
Cash handling & admin skills
Food and drink product knowledge
Experience in a similar establishment
JOB PURPOSE: To provide supervision of the pool and relaxation area, ensuring the safety of all members and guests is maintained at all times and club rules and regulations are adhered to.
1. To ensure all Guest Needs are met to the required standard
2. To ensure your allocated daily responsibility is completed to the required standard and co-operation with your team colleagues is evident at all times
3. To ensure all Guests, Colleagues and physical product are treated with respect at all times
4. To correctly account for all monies taken and goods sold
5. To ensure any Guest request, outside your area of expertise, is raised immediately to the appropriate level
6. To work within all company policies with specific reference to the Health and Safety at Work Act.
Clear conversational and written English Language
A flexible attitude
Ability to follow specific instructions
National Pool Lifeguard qualification or equivalent
Previous Lifeguard Pool experience
First Aid at Work (full 4 day course)
JOB PURPOSE: To assist the Chef de Partie in the timely production and presentation of food on the appropriate section, to assist and deputise for the Chef de Partie, and to take occasional charge of the section as appropriate
1. To monitor the cooking, chilling and storage of foods, keeping records as required and taking appropriate action where necessary to ensure that we comply with HACCPS procedures
2. Using available information, and acting on instructions from the CdP assist in the preparation, production and cooking of food appropriate to the section, to the required standard, ensuring guest satisfaction
3. To take appropriate action to maintain safe and equitable work levels whilst being sensitive to, and aware of, problems and health issues, bringing them to the attention of the CdP or HC if necessary, in order to maintain a disciplined but harmonious working environment.
4. To order foodstuffs as required and ensure that stock is rotated, labelled and stored in compliance with procedures laid out in the H&S manual, so that food safety and quality is maintained.
5. To bring to the attention of the SC Maintenance issues so that Maintenance Dockets can be issued, thereby ensuring that the Kitchen fabric and equipment is kept in a safe, cleanable and fully functional condition.
6. To liase with other section and departments as appropriate to ensure the smooth service of food from the kitchen
Working towards C&G 706/1&2 or NVQ equivalent
Basic Food Hygiene Cert.
The desire and tenacity to adhere to procedures
Customer service appreciation and awareness
A flexible attitude to working hours
A positive attitude to learning
A flexible attitude to working hours
Previous experience in a four star invironment
JOB PURPOSE: To provide exceptional customer service to our guests, provide feedback to both guests and internal team and assist the team in making an impact on the core values.
1. To consistently provide excellent customer service, and work towards building positive relationships through contact with all our guest types.
2. To anticipate and meet guest needs, and suggest new ways in which we can improve guest satisfaction.
3. To ensure that the ‘VIP’, ‘regular’ and ‘family’ programmes are adhered to.
4. To provide technological support for guests when required, i.e. Wi-fi, broadband, eTV.
5. To maintain accurate records and guest details through extensive use of guest histories.
6. To be security conscious at all times, and follow Health and Safety guidelines.
7. To liaise with all relevant managers regarding faults and repairs and keep the guest informed.
8. To assist the GM office in handling all guest queries, complaints and compliments, within the given time frame.
9. To answer the telephone promptly and in a pleasant manner, to the hotel standard, being aware of the operator response times, prioritising calls to avoid switchboard congestion.
10. Ensure messages and facsimiles are delivered to guests as quickly as possible.
11. Ensure that all revenue for function rooms is posted correctly from telephone revenue and ensure all lines are barred when not in use.
1. To be aware of hotel policies, and work within the given procedures and standards.
2. To be an ambassador of the hotel at all times, and an honest and active member of the team.
3. To work within the core values of the organization – Business/People/Guest.
4. Any other duties as requested to meet the needs of the business.
1. To pro-actively promote and upsell the hotel and its facilities (or referrals to sister properties).
2. To support marketing initiatives and be aware of current promotions.
3. To ensure stock take of all merchandising products is carried out on a regular basis and charged appropriately.
Previous Front Office experience
Previous customer service experience in a guest-facing role
Good customer service skills
Good verbal and written communication skills
Good organisational skills
Working knowledge of IT equipment
Ability to work as part of a team
Attentive to detail
4 or 5-star Hospitality experience
First Aid Certificate
JOB PURPOSE: To exceed guest expectations and provide exceptional service for guests arriving, visiting, staying, and departing from the Hotel. Adhering to all departmental procedures.
1. To ensure all guests are welcomed and checked into the computer system with the minimum of delay and with the highest level of hospitality being extended. Ensure correct accommodation is allocated to the guests, with special attention to VIP clients.
2. To ensure that all guests requests are met and followed up throughout their stay in the hotel. Guests who may not be staying in the hotel should also be given the highest level of service possible.
3. To ensure guests departing from the hotel are checked out with the minimum of delay, if they have any complaints or queries these should be actioned in the correct way.
4. To ensure the hotels credit procedures are applied in a discreet and tactful manner.
5. All possible business is accepted to achieve maximum occupancy and revenue.
6. Ensuring the good communication between all departments, highlighting any relevant situations to the Front Office management.
7. To ensure that all charges are posted in the correct way and with the correct amount to guest and function accounts.
8. Ensure all allowances are accounted for with the correct back-up.
10. To undertake any reasonable requests from their direct supervisor.
Good organisation and administration skills
Friendly, outgoing personality
Good level of English
Good PC Skills including Microsoft office
Minimum of 1 year Reception experience