Meetings & Events
REPORTING TO: MEETINGS & EVENTS OPERATIONS MANAGER
JOB PURPOSE: To provide exceptional service for all meetings and events customers in accordance with the business needs and provide support as required throughout their event.
To liaise with appropriate departments to ensure guest needs are met, alterations to schedule are communicated quickly and efficiently to ensure key stakeholders are informed, business relationships are developed and marketing information gained.
1. To meet and greet all Meetings and Events guests (in accordance with Meet and Greet SOP) and check their requirements on arrival and ensure any changes / important requirements are reiterated to the relevant departments.
2. To provide impeccable customer service standards to all Meetings and Events guests.
3. To provide secretarial and all business service and IT support for customers in the Meetings and Events Department, Meetings and Events Sales Team and hotel as required.
4. To provide a communication channel for customers in conference with other departments in order to ensure customer needs and requests are met consistently.
5. To be responsible for day-to-day administration of the Meetings & Events Department eg table plan / place cards / menus. To be accountable for the accurate billing of all sundry items requested by delegates during the day eg photocopying, extra refreshments / business services.
6. To action immediately any customer requests or complaints. If necessary, escalate any complaints to the Line Manager to resolve.
7. To be responsible in liaison with Sales and Marketing teams for the appropriate gathering of sales information and to be aware of current activity in the market place.
8. To ensure any feedback gained from the delegates on-site or competitor information is inputted into Delphi.
9. To be responsible for the tidiness and cleanliness of the Meetings & Events foyer area and cloakroom; protection of the departmental assets and reporting of maintenance and IT related issues.
10. To ensure all Business Centre facilities are available and well maintained.
11. To provide a ‘hosting’ service throughout the day ie assisting in the service of conference refreshments, servicing of conference suites, and the re-laying or set-up of suites for conference delegates, or other related duties as requested for Meetings and Events guests.
12. To adhere to company policy and procedures at all times.
13. To abide by confidentiality of all information within the Meetings and Events Department and office / hotel and to always act as an ambassador for the hotel both on and off duty.
14. To be an active participant of the Meetings and Events Operations Team and to be honest and constructive in meetings, client visits and exhibitions.
15. To be actively involved in any relevant incremental sales programme within the property.
16. To abide by the Health and Safety policy of the hotel and where requested, provide Health and Safety briefings to the delegates.
17. To be flexible and carry out any reasonable request made by the management team in order to meet the needs of the customer and the business.
To be personable and exhibit good customer relations
Verbal/written communication to a good educational level
Basic keyboard skills
Good organisation and administration skills
Good PC skills including Microsoft applications
Previous hotel or administrative experience
Ability to cope under pressure from internal/external customers
Confident and self-motivated
People – Teamwork 2
Guest – Looking After Guest 3
Business – Delivering Results 2
JOB PURPOSE: To provide a programme of activities to improve the health and well being of the clubs members and guests.
1. To ensure all members have completed a consent form and are provided with a safe exercise program and induction before using the gymnasium.
2. To ensure the fitness tracking systems are operated in line with the Fitness/Deputy Spa Managers direction. These include attrition/retention activity and appointment procedures.
3. To ensure the day to day safe and effective operation of the fitness areas in relation to Health & Safety protocol and assume responsibility when on shift.
4. To ensure the pool levels are tested, recorded properly and appropriate action taken.
5. To ensure that the club rules and regulations are abided by the Guests and Members.
6. To assist in ensuring all facility equipment is properly maintained and all preventative and recording procedures are properly applied.
7. To deliver a high standard of Guest service and be responsible for the levels of cleanliness.
8. To assist in the development of literature designed to maximise usage levels and health promotion.
9. Assist in instigating social activities and events offering a range of services to Guests throughout the year.
10. To teach classes if required.
11. To carry out any reasonable task as required by the management team.
Minimum Fitness Qualification – YMCA, Premier, NVQ Level 2 Health & Fitness
Good Customer Care Skills
Good Verbal Communication Skills
Ability to use own Initiative
Flexible and Reliable
First Aid Qualification
Knowledge of Fitness Assessment
Experience of Working in a Gym
Studio Class Qualification
Degree or HND in a Fitness Related Qualification
JOB PURPOSE: To ensure correct functioning of Housekeeping Department
1. To ensure the correct grooming and dress code are reached.
2. To complete Housekeeping paperwork as necessary for each shift.
3. To ensure at commencement and finish of each shift that all keys are in appropriate place and signed for.
4. To note any guest request and requirements and ensure these are actioned.
5. To check allocated rooms ensuring that they reach the appropriate standards returning inspected rooms as necessary.
6. To report any maintenance faults.
7. To ensure that all staff are carrying out all tasks in accordance with the current health and safety regulations, manual handling and fire procedures laid down by the hotel.
8. To ensure all staff have completed allocated rooms before finishing the shift.
9. To ensure all staff have labelled and deposited lost property in the correct place.
10. To check all corridors, lift areas and service areas are free from obstructions.
11. To ensure public and staff areas reach required standards.
12. To ensure reception is fully informed at the end of shift.
13. To ensure Housekeeping areas are secure at all times.
One year Room Attendant experience
Willing to work flexible hours
Meetings & Events
JOB PURPOSE: To assist the Meetings and Events Operations Manager / Assistant Meetings and Events Operations Manager in achieving the standard of lay up, service, customer-care and the standards as set out in the banqueting training manual.
- To set up conference rooms in accordance with the standards set out in the training manual.
- To service conference rooms during lunch breaks and at the end of the day.
- To serve tea and coffee as requested, on a daily basis.
- To lay up and serve at all banquets and private dinners when required, ensuring standards are maintained as per the training manual.
- To always look forward to future business and ensure adequate 'mis en place' is always being carried out.
Good communication skills (written/verbal)
Previous customer service experience
Previous Meetings and Events / C&B / F&B experience
Here on the banks of the River Thames near Windsor, minutes from Heathrow, Egham station and the M25, the Runnymede-on-Thames is a lovely place to stay, relax, dine out, do business, earn a good living or build a great career.
From our distinctively different riverbank restaurants to a spa that puts the treat into treatments, we pride ourselves on achieving excellence without ever being too stuffy. We aim to create an environment that empowers our staff to express themselves and progress through the business – and we’re accredited by Investors in People and the Learning & Performance Institute to do just that. If you like people and have a positive attitude, we’ll train you to be the best.
We are currently seeking an experienced Assistant Night Manager to join our friendly and professional team. You will support the Night Manager and in their absence oversee the efficient operation of the hotel at night. You will ensure we meet guest expectations and provide exceptional service whilst adhering to hotel procedures, policies and relevant legislation thereby safeguarding the health and safety of hotel personnel and guests.
Your role will include but not be limited to:
1.To ensure that at all times guests receive exceptional service both from Front Office and any other relevant department between 10.30pm and 7am (including technological / maintenance supports).
2.To ensure all incidents are logged and dealt with in accordance with the hotel procedures and communicated to the incoming Duty Manager and Reception Team. Ensure the DM diary is accurately logged.
3.To assist the Night Auditor / Receptionist and where necessary, carry out the duties of a Night Auditor. To ensure that the day’s business balances and that all rates are correct as per confirmations / BEOs.
4.To ensure that the fire and safety procedures are followed at all times and that all night staff are fully conversant with these and able to carry out all duties as required.
5.To ensure Licensing legislation, all other relevant legislation and hotel policies are adhered to at all times thereby safeguarding the health and safety of guests and staff.
6.To ensure that regular security and safety checks of the whole building and all external areas are carried out over-night in accordance with the hotel procedure, as well as relevant stocktakes.
7.To ensure that all public areas, terraces and hotel frontage are cleaned and serviced to the set standards. To ensure that all terraces / lawns are free of debris and glassware before the morning shift arrives.
8.To train and motivate the Night Team, and review them through the appraisal system.
9.To maximise revenue opportunities where applicable (food and beverage / upgrades / merchandise).
10.To deal with and resolve all complaints in accordance with the hotel policy. To accurately complete the DM diary (name, room number, time of incident, resolved or pending).
An opportunity has arisen for a Porter to join our Front of House team.
Reporting to the Resident Manager, Porters are required to be on hand to exceed the expectations and provide exceptional service to all of our guests whether they be arriving, visiting, staying or departing from the Hotel.
At the runnymede~on~thames our Porters are always on hand to ensure that no guest has to struggle with their luggage at any time, ensure all telephone, email and facsimile messages are delivered to guests as quickly as possible and assist our guests with directions in and around the local area and provide information on local attractions.
The role of a Porter also includes being familiar with where all rooms types are situated in the building and what facilities those room types offer for our guests, assist with Room Service orders, assist in booking taxis for guests, ensuring the entrance and surrounding areas to the Hotel are kept clean and tidy at all times and distribute newspapers to guest rooms.
Porters are expected to undertake any other duties as requested by their immediate Supervisor and during the summer months this can include, but is not limited to, assisting guests with boat hire, picnics and setting up outdoor games.
Our Porters need to have friendly, outgoing personalities as they are dealing with guests face to face and over the phone on a daily basis, possess a good level of written and spoken English.
Previous customer service experience would be an advantage but is not a necessity.
In return we offer and excellent salary and benefits package as well as a busy and friendly working environment and in-house training that is second to none.
If you would like to take advantage of this opportunity and work for one of the most prestigious 4* hotels in the local area then please apply online today!