JOB PURPOSE: To provide a programme of activities to improve the health and well being of the clubs members and guests.
1. To ensure all members have completed a consent form and are provided with a safe exercise program and induction before using the gymnasium.
2. To ensure the fitness tracking systems are operated in line with the Fitness/Deputy Spa Managers direction. These include attrition/retention activity and appointment procedures.
3. To ensure the day to day safe and effective operation of the fitness areas in relation to Health & Safety protocol and assume responsibility when on shift.
4. To ensure the pool levels are tested, recorded properly and appropriate action taken.
5. To ensure that the club rules and regulations are abided by the Guests and Members.
6. To assist in ensuring all facility equipment is properly maintained and all preventative and recording procedures are properly applied.
7. To deliver a high standard of Guest service and be responsible for the levels of cleanliness.
8. To assist in the development of literature designed to maximise usage levels and health promotion.
9. Assist in instigating social activities and events offering a range of services to Guests throughout the year.
10. To teach classes if required.
11. To carry out any reasonable task as required by the management team.
Minimum Fitness Qualification – YMCA, Premier, NVQ Level 2 Health & Fitness
Good Customer Care Skills
Good Verbal Communication Skills
Ability to use own Initiative
Flexible and Reliable
First Aid Qualification
Knowledge of Fitness Assessment
Experience of Working in a Gym
Studio Class Qualification
Degree or HND in a Fitness Related Qualification
JOB PURPOSE: To ensure correct functioning of Housekeeping Department
1. To ensure the correct grooming and dress code are reached.
2. To complete Housekeeping paperwork as necessary for each shift.
3. To ensure at commencement and finish of each shift that all keys are in appropriate place and signed for.
4. To note any guest request and requirements and ensure these are actioned.
5. To check allocated rooms ensuring that they reach the appropriate standards returning inspected rooms as necessary.
6. To report any maintenance faults.
7. To ensure that all staff are carrying out all tasks in accordance with the current health and safety regulations, manual handling and fire procedures laid down by the hotel.
8. To ensure all staff have completed allocated rooms before finishing the shift.
9. To ensure all staff have labelled and deposited lost property in the correct place.
10. To check all corridors, lift areas and service areas are free from obstructions.
11. To ensure public and staff areas reach required standards.
12. To ensure reception is fully informed at the end of shift.
13. To ensure Housekeeping areas are secure at all times.
One year Room Attendant experience
Willing to work flexible hours
Meetings & Events
JOB PURPOSE: To assist the Meetings and Events Operations Manager / Assistant Meetings and Events Operations Manager in achieving the standard of lay up, service, customer-care and the standards as set out in the banqueting training manual.
- To set up conference rooms in accordance with the standards set out in the training manual.
- To service conference rooms during lunch breaks and at the end of the day.
- To serve tea and coffee as requested, on a daily basis.
- To lay up and serve at all banquets and private dinners when required, ensuring standards are maintained as per the training manual.
- To always look forward to future business and ensure adequate 'mis en place' is always being carried out.
Good communication skills (written/verbal)
Previous customer service experience
Previous Meetings and Events / C&B / F&B experience
Here on the banks of the River Thames near Windsor, minutes from Heathrow, Egham station and the M25, the Runnymede-on-Thames is a lovely place to stay, relax, dine out, do business, earn a good living or build a great career.
From our distinctively different riverbank restaurants to a spa that puts the treat into treatments, we pride ourselves on achieving excellence without ever being too stuffy. We aim to create an environment that empowers our staff to express themselves and progress through the business – and we’re accredited by Investors in People and the Learning & Performance Institute to do just that. If you like people and have a positive attitude, we’ll train you to be the best.
We are currently seeking an experienced Assistant Night Manager to join our friendly and professional team. You will support the Night Manager and in their absence oversee the efficient operation of the hotel at night. You will ensure we meet guest expectations and provide exceptional service whilst adhering to hotel procedures, policies and relevant legislation thereby safeguarding the health and safety of hotel personnel and guests.
Your role will include but not be limited to:
1.To ensure that at all times guests receive exceptional service both from Front Office and any other relevant department between 10.30pm and 7am (including technological / maintenance supports).
2.To ensure all incidents are logged and dealt with in accordance with the hotel procedures and communicated to the incoming Duty Manager and Reception Team. Ensure the DM diary is accurately logged.
3.To assist the Night Auditor / Receptionist and where necessary, carry out the duties of a Night Auditor. To ensure that the day’s business balances and that all rates are correct as per confirmations / BEOs.
4.To ensure that the fire and safety procedures are followed at all times and that all night staff are fully conversant with these and able to carry out all duties as required.
5.To ensure Licensing legislation, all other relevant legislation and hotel policies are adhered to at all times thereby safeguarding the health and safety of guests and staff.
6.To ensure that regular security and safety checks of the whole building and all external areas are carried out over-night in accordance with the hotel procedure, as well as relevant stocktakes.
7.To ensure that all public areas, terraces and hotel frontage are cleaned and serviced to the set standards. To ensure that all terraces / lawns are free of debris and glassware before the morning shift arrives.
8.To train and motivate the Night Team, and review them through the appraisal system.
9.To maximise revenue opportunities where applicable (food and beverage / upgrades / merchandise).
10.To deal with and resolve all complaints in accordance with the hotel policy. To accurately complete the DM diary (name, room number, time of incident, resolved or pending).
An opportunity has arisen for a Porter to join our Front of House team.
Reporting to the Resident Manager, Porters are required to be on hand to exceed the expectations and provide exceptional service to all of our guests whether they be arriving, visiting, staying or departing from the Hotel.
At the runnymede~on~thames our Porters are always on hand to ensure that no guest has to struggle with their luggage at any time, ensure all telephone, email and facsimile messages are delivered to guests as quickly as possible and assist our guests with directions in and around the local area and provide information on local attractions.
The role of a Porter also includes being familiar with where all rooms types are situated in the building and what facilities those room types offer for our guests, assist with Room Service orders, assist in booking taxis for guests, ensuring the entrance and surrounding areas to the Hotel are kept clean and tidy at all times and distribute newspapers to guest rooms.
Porters are expected to undertake any other duties as requested by their immediate Supervisor and during the summer months this can include, but is not limited to, assisting guests with boat hire, picnics and setting up outdoor games.
Our Porters need to have friendly, outgoing personalities as they are dealing with guests face to face and over the phone on a daily basis, possess a good level of written and spoken English.
Previous customer service experience would be an advantage but is not a necessity.
In return we offer and excellent salary and benefits package as well as a busy and friendly working environment and in-house training that is second to none.
If you would like to take advantage of this opportunity and work for one of the most prestigious 4* hotels in the local area then please apply online today!
A vacancy has arisen for a Reception Shift Leader to join our Front of House Team.
Reporting to the Head Receptionist and Reception Manager our Shift Leaders are required to provide exceptional service to guests and are expected to exceed all guest expectations whether the guests are arriving, visiting, staying or departing the Hotel. As well as this Shift leaders have the added responsibility of ensuring all departmental procedures are being adhered to and that all shifts are run efficiently and effectively.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring all guests are welcomed and checked into the computer system with the minimum of delay and with the highest level of hospitality being extended. Ensure correct accommodation is allocated to the guests, with special attention to VIP clients.
- All guests’ requests are meet and followed up throughout their stay in the hotel. Guest who may not be staying in the hotel should also be given the highest level of service possible.
- Ensure guests departing from the hotel should be checked out with the minimum of delay if they have any complaints or queries these should be actioned in the correct way.
- Ensure the hotels credit procedures are applied in a discreet and tactful manner.
- All possible business is accepted to achieve maximum occupancy and revenue.
- Supervise the team’s workload whilst on shift, allocating duties and responsibilities to staff offering assistance where necessary.
- Liaise with housekeeping regarding special requirements such as VIP’s, Groups, extra beds and ensuring rooms are allocated accordingly.
- Ensuring the good communication between all departments, highlighting any relevant situations to the Front Office Manager / Duty Manager.
- Ensure that all charges are posted in the correct way and with the correct amount to guest and function accounts.
- Ensure that all accounts balance with credit card machines, and allowances are accounted for with the correct backup. All accounts transferred to sales ledger and accompanied by required documentation.
- Ensure that the shift runs smoothly, co-ordinate breaks for all staff, without reducing the level of service to the guest. To ensure any outstanding queries are handed over to the next shift to continue the smooth running of the department.
- Implement training and development needs for new and existing team members as directed by the Front Office Manager.
- Supervise Front Office workload, allocating duties and responsibilities to staff offering assistance where necessary.
- Ensure general filing, correspondence and record keeping is undertaken whilst on shift where necessary.
- In the absence of the Head Receptionist/Front Office Manager, action and log computer problems, contacting system support and the Duty Manager as required.
This role would be best suited to candidates with previous experience of running Reception shifts within a busy Hotel and are looking to progress to a run a larger shift or work within a slightly larger Hotel.
All candidates are required to possess an excellent level of written and spoken English, have previous Reception Shift Leader experience, be organised and have excellent customer service skills.
Experience of Opera is not essential but would be an advantage.
To take advantage of these opportunities please apply today!