JOB PURPOSE: To provide supervision of the pool and relaxation area, ensuring the safety of all members and guests is maintained at all times and club rules and regulations are adhered to.
1. To ensure all Guest Needs are met to the required standard
2. To ensure your allocated daily responsibility is completed to the required standard and co-operation with your team colleagues is evident at all times
3. To ensure all Guests, Colleagues and physical product are treated with respect at all times
4. To correctly account for all monies taken and goods sold
5. To ensure any Guest request, outside your area of expertise, is raised immediately to the appropriate level
6. To work within all company policies with specific reference to the Health and Safety at Work Act.
Clear conversational and written English Language
A flexible attitude
Ability to follow specific instructions
National Pool Lifeguard qualification or equivalent
Previous Lifeguard Pool experience
First Aid at Work (full 4 day course)
A vacancy has arisen for a Reception Shift Leader to join our Front of House Team.
Reporting to the Head Receptionist and Reception Manager our Shift Leaders are required to provide exceptional service to guests and are expected to exceed all guest expectations whether the guests are arriving, visiting, staying or departing the Hotel. As well as this Shift leaders have the added responsibility of ensuring all departmental procedures are being adhered to and that all shifts are run efficiently and effectively.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring all guests are welcomed and checked into the computer system with the minimum of delay and with the highest level of hospitality being extended. Ensure correct accommodation is allocated to the guests, with special attention to VIP clients.
- All guests’ requests are meet and followed up throughout their stay in the hotel. Guest who may not be staying in the hotel should also be given the highest level of service possible.
- Ensure guests departing from the hotel should be checked out with the minimum of delay if they have any complaints or queries these should be actioned in the correct way.
- Ensure the hotels credit procedures are applied in a discreet and tactful manner.
- All possible business is accepted to achieve maximum occupancy and revenue.
- Supervise the team’s workload whilst on shift, allocating duties and responsibilities to staff offering assistance where necessary.
- Liaise with housekeeping regarding special requirements such as VIP’s, Groups, extra beds and ensuring rooms are allocated accordingly.
- Ensuring the good communication between all departments, highlighting any relevant situations to the Front Office Manager / Duty Manager.
- Ensure that all charges are posted in the correct way and with the correct amount to guest and function accounts.
- Ensure that all accounts balance with credit card machines, and allowances are accounted for with the correct backup. All accounts transferred to sales ledger and accompanied by required documentation.
- Ensure that the shift runs smoothly, co-ordinate breaks for all staff, without reducing the level of service to the guest. To ensure any outstanding queries are handed over to the next shift to continue the smooth running of the department.
- Implement training and development needs for new and existing team members as directed by the Front Office Manager.
- Supervise Front Office workload, allocating duties and responsibilities to staff offering assistance where necessary.
- Ensure general filing, correspondence and record keeping is undertaken whilst on shift where necessary.
- In the absence of the Head Receptionist/Front Office Manager, action and log computer problems, contacting system support and the Duty Manager as required.
This role would be best suited to candidates with previous experience of running Reception shifts within a busy Hotel and are looking to progress to a run a larger shift or work within a slightly larger Hotel.
All candidates are required to possess an excellent level of written and spoken English, have previous Reception Shift Leader experience, be organised and have excellent customer service skills.
Experience of Opera is not essential but would be an advantage.
To take advantage of these opportunities please apply today!
JOB PURPOSE: To ensure correct functioning of Housekeeping Department
1. To ensure the correct grooming and dress code are reached.
2. To complete Housekeeping paperwork as necessary for each shift.
3. To ensure at commencement and finish of each shift that all keys are in appropriate place and signed for.
4. To note any guest request and requirements and ensure these are actioned.
5. To check allocated rooms ensuring that they reach the appropriate standards returning inspected rooms as necessary.
6. To report any maintenance faults.
7. To ensure that all staff are carrying out all tasks in accordance with the current health and safety regulations, manual handling and fire procedures laid down by the hotel.
8. To ensure all staff have completed allocated rooms before finishing the shift.
9. To ensure all staff have labelled and deposited lost property in the correct place.
10. To check all corridors, lift areas and service areas are free from obstructions.
11. To ensure public and staff areas reach required standards.
12. To ensure reception is fully informed at the end of shift.
13. To ensure Housekeeping areas are secure at all times.
One year Room Attendant experience
Willing to work flexible hours
JOB PURPOSE: To clean allocated rooms to required standard and report any maintenance faults.
1. To check all ready rooms as stated on maid’s list and rectify as necessary.
2. To clean allocated rooms to required standard as requested by floor
3. To ensure cleanliness of corridor to standard laid down.
4. To deliver all lost property to Housekeeping office, label and place in bag provided.
5. To ensure security of allocated keys and guest rooms at all times.
6. To carry out guest requests and communicate these to Floor Supervisor.
7. To report essential maintenance to Floor Supervisor immediately.
8. To ensure all work practices and work areas meet the Health and Safety requirements of the Hotel.
9. To follow the correct procedures when using all cleaning products.
10. To carry out any other reasonable tasks requested.
Good medical record
Legally allowed to work
Understanding of English language
Flexibility with working hours (shifts)
Progress your kitchen career at the runnymede~on~thames as part of our outstanding, friendly team. We are a recognised Investor in People and Best Employer in Hospitality and if you are willing to put in the effort, you will receive all the training and development you need to grow your career.
Working across our three riverside restaurants you will prepare fresh, seasonal and locally sourced ingredients to the highest standard.
Benefits include, free gym membership, meals on duty, uniform, tips, dental care, pension, discounts in our hotels and restaurants and many more not to mention the industry leading training opportunities. Staff accommodation is available for most roles.
1. To monitor the cooking, chilling and storage of foods, keeping records as required and taking appropriate action where necessary to ensure that we comply with HACCPS procedures
2. Using information available, plan the preparation, production and cooking of food appropriate to the section, to the required standard, ensuring guest satisfaction
3. To supervise, train and coach staff throughout the section, taking appropriate action to maintain safe and equitable work levels whilst being sensitive to, and aware of, problems and health issues, bringing them to the attention of the SSC or HC if necessary, in order to maintain a disciplined but harmonious working environment.
4. To order foodstuffs as required and ensure that stock is rotated, labelled and stored in compliance with procedures laid out in the H&S manual, so that food safety and quality is maintained.
5. Bring to the attention of the SC Maintenance issues so that Maintenance Dockets can be issued, thereby ensuring that the Kitchen fabric and equipment is kept in a safe, cleanable and fully functional condition.
6. Liase with other departments as appropriate to ensure the
smooth service of food from the kitchen.
7. At the request of the Junior Sous / Sous Chef, come forward with
ideas for menus and other suggestions for the improvement of the departments.
C&G 706/1&2 or NVQ equivalent
Cooking and Hotplate service skills
Departmental training experience
Strong leadership and teamwork skills
Problem solving ability
The desire and tenacity to adhere to procedures
Customer service appreciation and awareness
Good telephone techniques
Planning and Time Management awareness
Decision making skills
A flexible attitude to working hours
Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
Two years appropriate experience
Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate
First aid at work cert
Here on the banks of the River Thames near Windsor, minutes from Heathrow, Egham station and the M25, the Runnymede-on-Thames is a lovely place to stay, relax, dine out, do business, earn a good living or build a great career.
From our comfortable guestrooms and versatile events spaces to a spa that gets 4 Bubbles in the Good Spa Guide, we pride ourselves on achieving excellence without ever being too stuffy. We aim to create an environment that empowers our staff to express themselves and progress through the business – and we’re accredited by Investors in People and the Learning & Performance Institute to do just that. If you like people and have a positive attitude, we’ll train you to be the best.
Join the spa team as a Beauty Therapist, and you’ll be working with ESPA and Guinot products to perform a wide range of treatments for the club’s members and guests (we’re proud to have been awarded Guinot Crown salon status). This will include conducting thorough consultations to ensure safe and appropriate treatment, as well as keeping abreast of products and maximising retail opportunities. Do it well and we’ll make sure you get the rewards you deserve. There are also fantastic training opportunities available, both internally and at our supplier houses.
Because of our award-winning training, and our track record of investing in our staff, the most important thing isn’t your experience, it’s your personality and your willingness to learn. Yes, you’ll need a BTEC, NVQ, ITEC, CIBTAC or equivalent qualification in beauty therapy - plus good communication skills. And of course experience in the beauty industry, product knowledge and selling skills would be ideal. But it’s the way you present yourself, your reliability, flexibility and commitment to customer care that will really make the difference.
For the right people, the sky’s the limit. Most of our management team came up through the ranks - and if you’re looking to try something new, there’s plenty of opportunity to move sideways as well as upwards. Applicants can also expect outstanding staff facilities, market leading salaries, great benefits and a friendly, fun-loving culture that encourages participation in charity events.