JOB PURPOSE: To assist the Chef de Partie in the timely production and presentation of food on the appropriate section, to assist and deputise for the Chef de Partie, and to take occasional charge of the section as appropriate.
1. To monitor the cooking, chilling and storage of foods, keeping records as required and taking appropriate action where necessary to ensure that we comply with HACCPS procedures
2. Using available information, and acting on instructions from the CdP assist in the preparation, production and cooking of food appropriate to the section, to the required standard, ensuring guest satisfaction
3. To take appropriate action to maintain safe and equitable work levels whilst being sensitive to, and aware of, problems and health issues, bringing them to the attention of the CdP or HC if necessary, in order to maintain a disciplined but harmonious working environment.
4. To order foodstuffs as required and ensure that stock is rotated, labelled and stored in compliance with procedures laid out in the H&S manual, so that food safety and quality is maintained.
5. To bring to the attention of the SC Maintenance issues so that Maintenance Dockets can be issued, thereby ensuring that the Kitchen fabric and equipment is kept in a safe, cleanable and fully functional condition.
6. To liase with other section and departments as appropriate to ensure the smooth service of food from the kitchen
Working towards C&G 706/1&2 or NVQ equivalent
Basic Food Hygiene Cert.
The desire and tenacity to adhere to procedures
Customer service appreciation and awareness
A flexible attitude to working hours
A positive attitude to learning
A flexible attitude to working hours
Here on the banks of the River Thames near Windsor, minutes from Heathrow, Egham station and the M25, the Runnymede-on-Thames is a lovely place to stay, relax, dine out, do business, earn a good living or build a great career.
From our distinctively different riverbank restaurants to a spa that puts the treat into treatments, we pride ourselves on achieving excellence without ever being too stuffy. We aim to create an environment that empowers our staff to express themselves and progress through the business – and we’re accredited by Investors in People and the Learning & Performance Institute to do just that. If you like people and have a positive attitude, we’ll train you to be the best.
We are currently seeking an experienced Assistant Night Manager to join our friendly and professional team. You will support the Night Manager and in their absence oversee the efficient operation of the hotel at night. You will ensure we meet guest expectations and provide exceptional service whilst adhering to hotel procedures, policies and relevant legislation thereby safeguarding the health and safety of hotel personnel and guests.
Your role will include but not be limited to:
1.To ensure that at all times guests receive exceptional service both from Front Office and any other relevant department between 10.30pm and 7am (including technological / maintenance supports).
2.To ensure all incidents are logged and dealt with in accordance with the hotel procedures and communicated to the incoming Duty Manager and Reception Team. Ensure the DM diary is accurately logged.
3.To assist the Night Auditor / Receptionist and where necessary, carry out the duties of a Night Auditor. To ensure that the day’s business balances and that all rates are correct as per confirmations / BEOs.
4.To ensure that the fire and safety procedures are followed at all times and that all night staff are fully conversant with these and able to carry out all duties as required.
5.To ensure Licensing legislation, all other relevant legislation and hotel policies are adhered to at all times thereby safeguarding the health and safety of guests and staff.
6.To ensure that regular security and safety checks of the whole building and all external areas are carried out over-night in accordance with the hotel procedure, as well as relevant stocktakes.
7.To ensure that all public areas, terraces and hotel frontage are cleaned and serviced to the set standards. To ensure that all terraces / lawns are free of debris and glassware before the morning shift arrives.
8.To train and motivate the Night Team, and review them through the appraisal system.
9.To maximise revenue opportunities where applicable (food and beverage / upgrades / merchandise).
10.To deal with and resolve all complaints in accordance with the hotel policy. To accurately complete the DM diary (name, room number, time of incident, resolved or pending).
An opportunity has arisen for a Porter to join our Front of House team.
Reporting to the Resident Manager, Porters are required to be on hand to exceed the expectations and provide exceptional service to all of our guests whether they be arriving, visiting, staying or departing from the Hotel.
At the runnymede~on~thames our Porters are always on hand to ensure that no guest has to struggle with their luggage at any time, ensure all telephone, email and facsimile messages are delivered to guests as quickly as possible and assist our guests with directions in and around the local area and provide information on local attractions.
The role of a Porter also includes being familiar with where all rooms types are situated in the building and what facilities those room types offer for our guests, assist with Room Service orders, assist in booking taxis for guests, ensuring the entrance and surrounding areas to the Hotel are kept clean and tidy at all times and distribute newspapers to guest rooms.
Porters are expected to undertake any other duties as requested by their immediate Supervisor and during the summer months this can include, but is not limited to, assisting guests with boat hire, picnics and setting up outdoor games.
Our Porters need to have friendly, outgoing personalities as they are dealing with guests face to face and over the phone on a daily basis, possess a good level of written and spoken English.
Previous customer service experience would be an advantage but is not a necessity.
In return we offer and excellent salary and benefits package as well as a busy and friendly working environment and in-house training that is second to none.
If you would like to take advantage of this opportunity and work for one of the most prestigious 4* hotels in the local area then please apply online today!
A vacancy has arisen for a Reception Shift Leader to join our Front of House Team.
Reporting to the Head Receptionist and Reception Manager our Shift Leaders are required to provide exceptional service to guests and are expected to exceed all guest expectations whether the guests are arriving, visiting, staying or departing the Hotel. As well as this Shift leaders have the added responsibility of ensuring all departmental procedures are being adhered to and that all shifts are run efficiently and effectively.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring all guests are welcomed and checked into the computer system with the minimum of delay and with the highest level of hospitality being extended. Ensure correct accommodation is allocated to the guests, with special attention to VIP clients.
- All guests’ requests are meet and followed up throughout their stay in the hotel. Guest who may not be staying in the hotel should also be given the highest level of service possible.
- Ensure guests departing from the hotel should be checked out with the minimum of delay if they have any complaints or queries these should be actioned in the correct way.
- Ensure the hotels credit procedures are applied in a discreet and tactful manner.
- All possible business is accepted to achieve maximum occupancy and revenue.
- Supervise the team’s workload whilst on shift, allocating duties and responsibilities to staff offering assistance where necessary.
- Liaise with housekeeping regarding special requirements such as VIP’s, Groups, extra beds and ensuring rooms are allocated accordingly.
- Ensuring the good communication between all departments, highlighting any relevant situations to the Front Office Manager / Duty Manager.
- Ensure that all charges are posted in the correct way and with the correct amount to guest and function accounts.
- Ensure that all accounts balance with credit card machines, and allowances are accounted for with the correct backup. All accounts transferred to sales ledger and accompanied by required documentation.
- Ensure that the shift runs smoothly, co-ordinate breaks for all staff, without reducing the level of service to the guest. To ensure any outstanding queries are handed over to the next shift to continue the smooth running of the department.
- Implement training and development needs for new and existing team members as directed by the Front Office Manager.
- Supervise Front Office workload, allocating duties and responsibilities to staff offering assistance where necessary.
- Ensure general filing, correspondence and record keeping is undertaken whilst on shift where necessary.
- In the absence of the Head Receptionist/Front Office Manager, action and log computer problems, contacting system support and the Duty Manager as required.
This role would be best suited to candidates with previous experience of running Reception shifts within a busy Hotel and are looking to progress to a run a larger shift or work within a slightly larger Hotel.
All candidates are required to possess an excellent level of written and spoken English, have previous Reception Shift Leader experience, be organised and have excellent customer service skills.
Experience of Opera is not essential but would be an advantage.
To take advantage of these opportunities please apply today!
JOB PURPOSE: To provide supervision of the pool and relaxation area, ensuring the safety of all members and guests is maintained at all times and club rules and regulations are adhered to.
1. To ensure all Guest Needs are met to the required standard
2. To ensure your allocated daily responsibility is completed to the required standard and co-operation with your team colleagues is evident at all times
3. To ensure all Guests, Colleagues and physical product are treated with respect at all times
4. To correctly account for all monies taken and goods sold
5. To ensure any Guest request, outside your area of expertise, is raised immediately to the appropriate level
6. To work within all company policies with specific reference to the Health and Safety at Work Act.
Clear conversational and written English Language
A flexible attitude
Ability to follow specific instructions
National Pool Lifeguard qualification or equivalent
Previous Lifeguard Pool experience
First Aid at Work (full 4 day course)
JOB PURPOSE: To clean allocated rooms to required standard and report any maintenance faults.
1. To check all ready rooms as stated on maid’s list and rectify as necessary.
2. To clean allocated rooms to required standard as requested by floor
3. To ensure cleanliness of corridor to standard laid down.
4. To deliver all lost property to Housekeeping office, label and place in bag provided.
5. To ensure security of allocated keys and guest rooms at all times.
6. To carry out guest requests and communicate these to Floor Supervisor.
7. To report essential maintenance to Floor Supervisor immediately.
8. To ensure all work practices and work areas meet the Health and Safety requirements of the Hotel.
9. To follow the correct procedures when using all cleaning products.
10. To carry out any other reasonable tasks requested.
Good medical record
Legally allowed to work
Understanding of English language
Flexibility with working hours (shifts)