JOB TITLE: MEETINGS AND EVENTS PORTER
REPORTING TO: MEETINGS AND EVENTS OPERATIONS MANAGER, ASSISTANT MANAGERS
To assist the Meetings and Events Operations Manager / Assistant Meetings and Events Operations Manager in achieving the standard of lay up, service, customer-care and the standards as set out in the banqueting training manual.
1. To achieve the agreed levels of service required.
2. To attain a high standard of customer care.
3. To set up conference rooms in accordance with the standards set out in the training manual.
4. To service conference rooms during lunch breaks and at the end of the day.
5. To serve tea and coffee as requested, on a daily basis.
6. To lay up all banquets and private dinners when required, ensuring standards are maintained as per the training manual.
7. To complete the cleaning rota on a daily basis.
8. To attend training courses where necessary.
9. To ensure one's own safety and the safety of others, at all times.
10. To be aware of the fire evacuation procedures and Health & Safety policy, and report any potential hazards to Management or Maintenance.
11. To meet hygiene requirements and report any risks/problems to the Meetings and Events Operations Manager/Assistant Meetings and Events Operations Manager.
12. To always look forward to future business and ensure adequate 'mis en place' is always being carried out.
13. To carry out any reasonable request made by management.
Good communication skills (written/verbal)
Previous customer service experience
Previous Meetings and Events / C&B / F&B experience
- To clean allocated rooms and public areas of the hotel to required standard and report any maintenance faults.
- To consistently look after our guests with genuine hospitality
- To achieve the highest possible standards for a 4/5 star hotel
HOURS OF WORK
Full time, 40 hours per week, on a variable rota
Experience in a similar physical environment
Good levels of communication
Attention to detail
Flexibility with working hours (shifts)
Previous experience in housekeeping
JOB PURPOSE: To provide a programme of activities to improve the health and well being of the clubs members and guests.
1. To ensure all members have completed a consent form and are provided with a safe exercise program and induction before using the gymnasium.
2. To ensure the fitness tracking systems are operated in line with the Fitness/Deputy Spa Managers direction. These include attrition/retention activity and appointment procedures.
3. To ensure the day to day safe and effective operation of the fitness areas in relation to Health & Safety protocol and assume responsibility when on shift.
4. To ensure the pool levels are tested, recorded properly and appropriate action taken.
5. To ensure that the club rules and regulations are abided by the Guests and Members.
6. To assist in ensuring all facility equipment is properly maintained and all preventative and recording procedures are properly applied.
7. To deliver a high standard of Guest service and be responsible for the levels of cleanliness.
8. To assist in the development of literature designed to maximise usage levels and health promotion.
9. Assist in instigating social activities and events offering a range of services to Guests throughout the year.
10. To teach classes if required.
11. To carry out any reasonable task as required by the management team.
Minimum Fitness Qualification – YMCA, Premier, NVQ Level 2 Health & Fitness
Good Customer Care Skills
Good Verbal Communication Skills
Ability to use own Initiative
Flexible and Reliable
First Aid Qualification
Knowledge of Fitness Assessment
Experience of Working in a Gym
Studio Class Qualification
Degree or HND in a Fitness Related Qualification
Responsible for the high standard of treatments performed.
Promote the sales of beauty retail in relation to beauty treatments and promotions.
Demonstrate an appropriate attitude to reflect and promote the image and reputation of the Spa including:
Accurately and promptly fulfilling guest needs.
Understand and anticipate guest needs through effective communication,
Have a good level of knowledge to ensure we surpass guest experience through greeting, consultations, treatment and departure.
Show a guest service that exceeds expectation and meets the demands of the business.
Health and Safety:
Demonstrate an understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Safety within the working areas and dept.
Ensure the highest standard of hygiene and cleanliness are met in the Beauty Salon and Spa.
Perform other tasks at the level of your role as directed by your line manager to help meet business objectives.
Possess the ability to work as part of an established and busy team.
Be willing to improve your knowledge and abilities through ongoing training and assessment.
Be aware of local competitors and be abreast of products and trends in the market place.
BTEC, NVQ levels 2 & 3, ITEC, BABTAC, CIBTAC or equivalent qualification in beauty therapy
Good customer care skills; courteous and willingness to help.
Good verbal communication and listening skills and show ability to build rapport
Flexible and adaptable; good team player
Ability to organize self; plan and prioritize
Experience within the beauty industry
Knowledge of our product lines
Positive attitude and open to new ideas.
Good level of selling skills
An opportunity has arisen for a Porter to join our Front of House team.
Reporting to the Resident Manager, Porter's are required to be on hand to exceed the expectations and provide exceptional service to all of our guests whether they be arriving, visiting, staying or departing from the Hotel.
At the runnymede~on~thames our Porter's are always on hand to ensure that no guest has to struggle with their luggage at any time, ensure all telephone, email and facsimile messages are delivered to guests as quickly as possible and assist our guests with directions in and around the local area and provide information on local attractions.
The role of a Porter also includes being familiar with where all rooms types are situated in the building and what facilities those room types offer for our guests, assist with Room Service orders and the prompt removal of trays, assist in booking taxi's for guests, ensuring the entrance and surrounding areas to the Hotel are kept clean and tidy at all times and distribute newspapers to guest rooms.
Porters are expected to undertake any other duties as requested by their immediate Supervisor and during the summer months this can include, but is not limited to, assisting guests with boat hire, picnics and setting up outdoor games.
Our Porters need to have friendly, outgoing personalities as they are dealing with guests face to face and over the phone on a daily basis, posses a good level of written and spoken English.
Previous customer service experience would be an advantage but is not a necessity.
In return we offer and excellent salary and benefits package as well as a busy and friendly working environment and in-house training that is second to none.
If you would like to take advantage of this opportunity and work for one of the most prestigious 4* hotel's in the local area then please apply online today!
JOB TITLE: COMMIS CHEF
REPORTING TO: CHEF DE PARTIE/ SOUS AS APPROPRIATE
To assist the Chef de Partie in the timely production and presentation of food on the appropriate section, to assist and deputise for the Chef de Partie, and to take occasional charge of the section as appropriate
1. To monitor the cooking, chilling and storage of foods, keeping records as required and taking appropriate action where necessary to ensure that we comply with HACCPS procedures
2. Using available information, and acting on instructions from the CdP assist in the preparation, production and cooking of food appropriate to the section, to the required standard, ensuring guest satisfaction
3. To take appropriate action to maintain safe and equitable work levels whilst being sensitive to, and aware of, problems and health issues, bringing them to the attention of the CdP or HC if necessary, in order to maintain a disciplined but harmonious working environment.
4. To order foodstuffs as required and ensure that stock is rotated, labelled and stored in compliance with procedures laid out in the H&S manual, so that food safety and quality is maintained.
5. To bring to the attention of the SC Maintenance issues so that Maintenance Dockets can be issued, thereby ensuring that the Kitchen fabric and equipment is kept in a safe, cleanable and fully functional condition.
6. To liase with other section and departments as appropriate to ensure the smooth service of food from the kitchen
Working towards C&G 706/1&2 or NVQ equivalent
Basic Food Hygiene Cert.
The desire and tenacity to adhere to procedures
Customer service appreciation and awareness
A flexible attitude to working hours
A positive attitude to learning
A flexible attitude to working hours