An opportunity has arisen for a Porter to join our Front of House team.
Reporting to the Resident Manager, Porters are required to be on hand to exceed the expectations and provide exceptional service to all of our guests whether they be arriving, visiting, staying or departing from the Hotel.
At the runnymede~on~thames our Porters are always on hand to ensure that no guest has to struggle with their luggage at any time, ensure all telephone, email and facsimile messages are delivered to guests as quickly as possible and assist our guests with directions in and around the local area and provide information on local attractions.
The role of a Porter also includes being familiar with where all rooms types are situated in the building and what facilities those room types offer for our guests, assist with Room Service orders, assist in booking taxis for guests, ensuring the entrance and surrounding areas to the Hotel are kept clean and tidy at all times and distribute newspapers to guest rooms.
Porters are expected to undertake any other duties as requested by their immediate Supervisor and during the summer months this can include, but is not limited to, assisting guests with boat hire, picnics and setting up outdoor games.
Our Porters need to have friendly, outgoing personalities as they are dealing with guests face to face and over the phone on a daily basis, possess a good level of written and spoken English.
Previous customer service experience would be an advantage but is not a necessity.
In return we offer and excellent salary and benefits package as well as a busy and friendly working environment and in-house training that is second to none.
If you would like to take advantage of this opportunity and work for one of the most prestigious 4* hotels in the local area then please apply online today!
JOB PURPOSE: To assist the Chef de Partie in the timely production and presentation of food on the appropriate section, to assist and deputise for the Chef de Partie, and to take occasional charge of the section as appropriate
1. To monitor the cooking, chilling and storage of foods, keeping records as required and taking appropriate action where necessary to ensure that we comply with HACCPS procedures
2. Using available information, and acting on instructions from the CdP assist in the preparation, production and cooking of food appropriate to the section, to the required standard, ensuring guest satisfaction
3. To take appropriate action to maintain safe and equitable work levels whilst being sensitive to, and aware of, problems and health issues, bringing them to the attention of the CdP or HC if necessary, in order to maintain a disciplined but harmonious working environment.
4. To order foodstuffs as required and ensure that stock is rotated, labelled and stored in compliance with procedures laid out in the H&S manual, so that food safety and quality is maintained.
5. To bring to the attention of the SC Maintenance issues so that Maintenance Dockets can be issued, thereby ensuring that the Kitchen fabric and equipment is kept in a safe, cleanable and fully functional condition.
6. To liase with other section and departments as appropriate to ensure the smooth service of food from the kitchen
Working towards C&G 706/1&2 or NVQ equivalent
Basic Food Hygiene Cert.
The desire and tenacity to adhere to procedures
Customer service appreciation and awareness
A flexible attitude to working hours
A positive attitude to learning
A flexible attitude to working hours
Previous experience in a four star invironment
A vacancy has arisen for a Reception Shift Leaders to join our Front of House Team.
Reporting to the Head Receptionist and Reception Manager our Shift Leaders are required to provide exceptional service to guests and are expected to exceed all guest expectations whether the guests are arriving, visiting, staying or departing the Hotel. As well as this Shift leaders have the added responsibility of ensuring all departmental procedures are being adhered to and that all shifts are run efficiently and effectively.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring all guests are welcomed and checked into the computer system with the minimum of delay and with the highest level of hospitality being extended. Ensure correct accommodation is allocated to the guests, with special attention to VIP clients.
- All guests’ requests are meet and followed up throughout their stay in the hotel. Guest who may not be staying in the hotel should also be given the highest level of service possible.
- Ensure guests departing from the hotel should be checked out with the minimum of delay if they have any complaints or queries these should be actioned in the correct way.
- Ensure the hotels credit procedures are applied in a discreet and tactful manner.
- All possible business is accepted to achieve maximum occupancy and revenue.
- Supervise the team’s workload whilst on shift, allocating duties and responsibilities to staff offering assistance where necessary.
- Liaise with housekeeping regarding special requirements such as VIP’s, Groups, extra beds and ensuring rooms are allocated accordingly.
- Ensuring the good communication between all departments, highlighting any relevant situations to the Front Office Manager / Duty Manager.
- Ensure that all charges are posted in the correct way and with the correct amount to guest and function accounts.
- Ensure that all accounts balance with credit card machines, and allowances are accounted for with the correct backup. All accounts transferred to sales ledger and accompanied by required documentation.
- Ensure that the shift runs smoothly, co-ordinate breaks for all staff, without reducing the level of service to the guest. To ensure any outstanding queries are handed over to the next shift to continue the smooth running of the department.
- Implement training and development needs for new and existing team members as directed by the Front Office Manager.
- Supervise Front Office workload, allocating duties and responsibilities to staff offering assistance where necessary.
- Ensure general filing, correspondence and record keeping is undertaken whilst on shift where necessary.
- In the absence of the Head Receptionist/Front Office Manager, action and log computer problems, contacting system support and the Duty Manager as required.
This role would be best suited to candidates with previous experience of running Reception shifts within a busy Hotel and are looking to progress to a run a larger shift or work within a slightly larger Hotel.
All candidates are required to possess an excellent level of written and spoken English, have previous Reception Shift Leader experience, be organised and have excellent customer service skills.
Experience of Portfolio is not essential but would be an advantage.
To take advantage of these opportunities please apply today!
Food & Beverage
Progress your Food and Beverage Career at the runnymede~on~thames as part of our outstanding, friendly team. We are a recognised Investor in People and Best Employer in Hospitality and if you are willing to put in the effort, you will receive all the training and development you need to grow your career.
Working in any one of our three riverside restaurants you will provide food and beverage service to guests to an exceptional standard whilst improving your technical and customer service skills. Benefits include, free gym membership, meals on duty, uniform, tips, dental care, pension, discounts in our hotels and restaurants and many more not to mention the industry leading training opportunities. Staff accommodation is available for most roles.
1. Serve guests in a prompt and friendly manner.
2. Upsell products in an un-pressurised manner with every order.
3. Ensure that the working environment is kept clean, tidy and safe.
4. To be receptive to training and pass on knowledge to other colleagues.
Successful applicants will have the following attributes:
Previous food and beverage experience in a quality operation
Food and beverage product knowledge
Good levels of numeracy
Outgoing, enthusiastic personality
Ability to work in a team
Experience of Hospitality point of sales systems
Flexibility to adapt to changing situations
To ensure that the daily revenue is audited and stored in accordance with prevailing hotel policies and to use this information to produce weekly statistical analysis reports.
1. Assist and work with the Accounts team to control and audit revenue generated by our operating departments.
2. Accurate and timely preparation of revenue and statistical reports combined with the control of documentation.
3. Inputting revenue, analysing data, producing reports and checking for errors in all reports generated.
4. Help to prepare conference bills, and to implement and maintain control procedures for function charges.
5. Send out conference invoices within 3 days of guest departure.
6. Attend function sheet meeting each week ensuring that billing instructions are clear and credit approved where necessary.
7. To liaise with guests to resolve billing issues in a timely manner.
8. To perform other reasonable duties as and when required.
9. Be security conscious at all times and adhere to all health & safety guidelines.
10. To be fully aware of all RTL and hotel policies, procedures and standards and ensure that they are met.
11. To be an ambassador of the hotel at all times.
12. To work within the core values of the organisation – Business/ People / Guest
Previous Accounts Experience (minimum 1 year)
Verbal/Written Communication Skills
Very good Numerical Skills
Attention to Detail
Ability to work well under Pressure
Good organisation and administration skills
PC skills (intermediate to advanced MS Excel)
Hotel experience from an Accounts or Reception perspective
Meetings & Events
JOB PURPOSE: To assist the Meetings and Events Operations Manager / Assistant Meetings and Events Operations Manager in achieving the standard of lay up, service, customer-care and the standards as set out in the banqueting training manual.
- To set up conference rooms in accordance with the standards set out in the training manual.
- To service conference rooms during lunch breaks and at the end of the day.
- To serve tea and coffee as requested, on a daily basis.
- To lay up and serve at all banquets and private dinners when required, ensuring standards are maintained as per the training manual.
- To always look forward to future business and ensure adequate 'mis en place' is always being carried out.
Good communication skills (written/verbal)
Previous customer service experience
Previous Meetings and Events / C&B / F&B experience